E-miles offering (almost) nothing for something
I got an email today from Northwest Airlines, with an offer to join their “e-miles” club:
As a Northwest Airlines WorldPerks member, you are invited to earn thousands of miles in just minutes a day. It’s free. It’s easy.
All you have to do is read and react to messages that are relevant to you.
Plus, earn up to 250 miles today, just for enrolling!
To respond to this invitation, and learn more about the new e-Miles®
program, please click here.
Directly from their “How it works” section:
1. Enroll as an e-Miles Member. You may accept an e-Miles enrollment invitation or respond through an e-Miles Member referral or visit the e-Miles.com website.
2. Complete enrollment Profile information. Your Profile will include information about your preferences, interests and important life events, as well as categories of marketing messages that interest you and how often you wish to receive them. The more information you choose to share in your Profile, the more relevant and exciting e-Miles will be to you!
3. Receive e-Miles earning opportunities. Once enrolled, you’ll begin receiving e-Miles earning opportunities through e-mail that will link you to the e-Miles website.
4. View your e-Miles messages. View your graphic or video marketing messages and answer a few questions.
5. Get your miles! Miles will be deposited into your preferred frequent flyer account once per quarter.
I’m a bit of a sucker and I signed up for the program. The miles are good for redemption quarterly on several airlines, so they have until April 1st to keep me in.