I thought this would be a fun exercise is un-spinning the spin of the various 2.0 properties that’ve popped up over the past few years. It’s pretty simple — Take a web property and assign a tagline based on it’s actual use, not what they came up with.
Here are a few examples to get you going:
- MySpace: “I need friends.” (alternate is “Check out my rack/pecs!”)
- Blogger: “Because no one cares.”
- Flickr: “Stalking you and your new boyfriend/girlfriend/family since 2004!”
- Digg: “News for the ‘white & nerdy’.”
- Facebook: “No, Dad, I won’t let you see my profile.”
- YouTube: “Miss it on TV? Chances are we have it here illegally!”
- Wikipedia: “Who needs accuracy?”
Of course, this is another installment of the Friday Night Fun series and is supposed to be, well, fun. Enjoy and feel free to add your comments!
digg_url = ‘http://digg.com/tech_news/Friday_Night_Fun_with_Social_Media_Taglines’;